Saturday, October 9, 2010

A Personal Experience

I have been playing soccer ever since I was about 5 years old. It started in the basic AYSO soccer league. My father continued to push me more and more, sending me to various soccer camps at different locations. I would never had expected that at the age of 13, at one of the many soccer camps, to be scouted by a club soccer coach. My parents and I had no idea what club soccer was until this coach approached me and asked me to play with his team. This had began my career as a soccer player. Slowly, I continued to better myself and worked to become captain of my club and high school team. During one of my big college showcase tournaments, The San Diego Surf Cup, I was scouted once again by a soccer coach from Vassar College up in New York. I traveled and visited the school to see if I wanted to join but, unfortunately, it was not the school for me. Luckily, I was accepted to CSULB and joined the club team. Still to this day, my father continues to check up and make sure I am continuing to push myself to always strive for perfection.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds just like my dad, except with football. Once I became the starting quarterback for the youth flag football league for my team, he wanted to see me excel more. So he would continuously throw the ball with me, teach me new plays, do everything a very supportive dad would do. Of course, it also does not help when every man on your dad's side of the family has coached football before!

    ReplyDelete